Fish Oil and Omega 3 Fatty Acids – Great for the brain, memory and heart!
The latest scientific research indicates:
- May help Depression in some people. Fish oil may prevent, or be a potent treatment for depression. Researchers stated that taking a daily fish oil supplement may boost the effectiveness – or even – replace antidepressants for treating depression in some people.
May help with Depression
- May fight Rheumatoid Arthritis – Omega 3 polyunsaturated fatty acids which is found in fish oil – this oil may prevent or decrease rheumatoid arthritis – according to the Institute of Human Nutrition, University of Southampton, in a number of double-blind placebo controlled trials of gamma – linolenic acid and fish oil in rheumatoid arthritis have shown significant improvements in a variety of clinical outcomes.
May Boost immune function
- May Boost immune function – Omega 3 Fatty acids may boost immune function. According to the Proc Nutrition Society, fatty acids from fish increase the survival and reduce disease severity in spontaneous auto-antibody mediated disease.
- Research on Improving memory and increasing brain efficiency. Your brain is 60% fat, if you take out all the water. This fatty tissue needs replenishing – Omega 3 is intimately involved in brain function and memory.
- May reduce the risk of heart attack – Omega 3 fatty acids appear to reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke, and to improve heart health in general. Researchers at the VA medical Center report that DHA and EPA, a primary component of Omega 3’s, provide significant protection against development of coronary heart disease.
Key to getting all the benefits from fish oil is buying only superior quality. Always make sure, that the label states DHA and EPA content – combined they should add up to the mg of Omega 3 fatty acids.
Besides that it is extremely important that the label states the oil is FREE of detectable levels of mercury, cadmium, lead, PCB’s and 28 other contaminants.